What's the Problem when One's Side Profile is Fine, but Looks Flat from the Front in Some Lightings?

My nose bridge is quite high up for an Asian nose, and the tip is fine (hence the OK profile view), but the structure on either side makes it seem flat from the front in bad lighting. How I can best describe it is: If a cross section my nose was taken at the middle, the base of the triangle would be wider than I wanted, but the the height of the triangle is fine. The reason I described is because I have no photos to show you at the moment. Any information would be helpful.

+1

There are numerous aspects to an ideally shaped nose.  From what you are describing, it sounds like the nasal bones are wide across the base of the nose.  This can be reduced, during Rhinoplasty by rasping the nasal bone width.

Post Photos byVillar

+1

Post photos with good lighting full front, left-right 45 degrees, left and right side view,  then front tilt down and tilt up.  Rhinoplasty is the most challenging procedure in cosmetic surgery.  Getting it right the first time is prudent. Hands on examination is critical for success.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD