Asian Nose Bridge Too Low, Fixing Without Implants? (photo)

I have a typical Asian nose and my bridge is too low! Is there a way to heighten my nose bridge enough such that I'm able to wear my glasses properly without having them sit on my cheeks? Right now it kinda sits on a little bit of my nose and my cheeks and I'm wondering if a rhinoplasty WITHOUT implants can fix this? This is like my only problem I have with my nose. I'm not asking to narrow it, just make the bridge higher. What would the cost be like as well? Rib cartilage or ear cartilage?

Asian Rhinolasty, Low Nose Bridge

+1

I actually prefer using the patient's own cartilage for augmenting the dorsum in Asian and African-American patients; it lowers the risk of infection and rejection.

Building up your bridge with your own tissue

+1

The best way to build your bridge is to use your own tissue, such as cartilage from your ear or rib.  If the bridge of your nose is your only concern, this could even be performed through a closed approach.  The decision to use ear or rib will depend on how high you want your bridge.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Dorsal augmentation with autologous grafts

+1
Given the height of your bridge, I think you would achieve the best functional and aesthetic result with rib cartilage, as ear cartilage will not provide enough material to build up your bridge sufficiently.  Costs will vary widely depending on the location, experience and skill of the surgeon.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian rhinoplasty with your own tissue

+1

I absolutely agree with you that your own tissues would work better than an implant. In particular, the skin is going to limit the amount of augmentation and the forces from the tight skin would force a synthetic implant down onto the underlying bone, causing a footprint onto the bone below. This will also reduce the amount of initial augmentation.

You can go with rib or with your ears. You'll probably need both ears to get the amount of augmentation.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Asian Bridge Rhinoplasty

+1

Evening,

If you don't want to use implants then cartilage (either rib or ear if you have enough from the ear) works very well.  Though it's tough to tell for sure yours looks low enough that you may require the volume rib would provide.  In any case, make sure you get several consults before making a decision.

Dr. Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a very common request.  I prefer to use cartilage and tissue from within your own body to increase the bridge height of the nose instead of implants.  Implants carry the additional risk of infection, migration, rejection, and extrusion.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asian Nose Bridge Too Low, Fixing Without Implants?

+1

Ear and septal cartilage could be used to build up the dorsum rather than the rib.  This has less morbidity and the smaller pieces do not have the issue of warping.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Your nasal bridge can be augmented without an implant. Using concourse cartilage graft, you can achieve a ncely defined bridge that looks natural and fits your face

Kofi Boahene, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty to raise the bridge only.

+1

Asian rhinoplasty to raise the bridge only.can be done. There is no need for rib--ear cartilage with or without fascia is what I have used for 35 years with excellent results. Cost is $7000-10,000. 

Augmernting Low Asian Nasal BridgeFor 35 years I've used diced

+1

For 35 years I've used diced septal and/or ear cartilage to augment the bridge in patients like you. I always prefer to use the patient's own tissue rather than silicone or other products. Costs vary between $7,000-10,000.