I Am an Asian Guy and Planning to Have my Rhinoplasty Next Month, Can Someone Explain Procedure?

I just want to know how the doctor will augment the flat nose of an asian guy. will he/she be using cartilage for the bridge and tip or mixed of cartilage for the bridge and goretex for the tip or vice versa...Please educate me. i want to augment my nose bridge because its too flat and i want my surgeon to emphasize big change on my tip.

Asian rhinoplasty

+2

I've used synthetic materials for many years for the bridge but switched to using the patient's own tissues due to difficulties I encountered long term. I currently prefer using your ear cartilage to build up the bridge and tip area. Occasionally rib is needed but not very often. Photos will help.

Asian rhinoplasty techniques

+1
Each surgeon has a set of techniques and methods to reshape the nose during Asian rhinoplasty.  Speaking with your surgeon will be the only way to find just what graft materials and techniques will be used to create the changes you describe. 
I use exclusively autologous grafts (tissue from your own body) as they provide predictable, long-lasting results in the safest manner.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Asian rhinoplasty dorsal augmentation

+1

We use Silastic nasal dorsal implants for augmentation of the bridge of the nose and  have an excellent success rate. We do not use gortex in the nose. The nostrils are narrowed with an alar-plasty technique, while the tip is narrowed with cartilage suturing techniques of the tip.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Andy,

Most Asian rhinoplasty requires grafting in order to augment the nasal bridge and give it definition. Some surgeons use implants (Gore-tex, silicone), but I have seen enough long term problems with these materials over my career to counsel against their use. My preference is to use your rib cartilage. This is a very versatile technique that gives us the opportunity to augment your dorsum and modify your tip while giving the nose proper support. If properly used, the cartilage will survive a life time without any change and you shouldn't experience any long term side effects such as infection or rejection. Best of luck to you.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon