Asian Guy 45 Cheek Implant, Will Buccal Fat Removal and Neck Lipo Give More Masculine Look? (photo)

Want a more masculine high cheek bone (sub-malar) implant, better jawline and sharper feature 1) sub-malar implant for forward protrusion rather sideway? 2) neck liposuction to removed double chin and sharper jawline? 3) buccal fat for masculine dent under cheeks as being Asian has puffy cheeks 4) chin implant? Concern about face lifting in 50s as concern about scar line and loss of sideburns. Thus thought if I improve profile remove the fat and implant would increase my profile and feature.

Prioritizing impact of surgical procedures

+1

Based on your pictures, the combination of chin augmentation and submental liposuction will make the most significant change in terms of making your face appear more "masculine".  This will give you a sharper jaw/neckline and improve your profile drastically.  Buccal fat removal would have a subtle but not significant impact on contouring your face given your age.  

Buccal fat pad reduction to masaculinize

+1

Buccal fat pad reduction is a procedure that is not commonly performed but can make sense in the right patient.  It is important to understand the anatomy before undergoing the surgery so that you are well informed.  Normal aging reduces the buccal fat pad volume.  It is true that some people have more volume in their cheeks than others.  However, it is also universally true that that volume will decrease and descend over time.  Removing too much buccal fat can cause premature aging.  It is also important to remember that replacing fat that has been removed is extraordinarily difficult if not impossible.  The main reason is the location of the buccal fat pad.  It usually resides underneath a large muscle that is responsible for majority of the power motions of your chewing.  Once that fat is removed that space collapses.  Once collapsed it is very difficult to find the exact space and to reinsert a substance such as a filler or better yet fat.  One potential solution is to use something like Sculptra.  While I generally do not advocate buccal fat pad removal, I understand why somewhat would want procedures such as this.  I tried to choose my patients very carefully and I also tried to be conservative in the amount of fat that is removed.  Surgeons who trivialized this procedure simply don’t understand how difficult it is to correct deformities that may occur.  The cost of the procedure can run anywhere from $3000-$7000, depending upon your geographic locale.  Please visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  My best advice is to always be conservative with any buccal fat pad reduction.

Raj S. Ambay, MD