I Am Asian and I Have a Flat Nose Plus Bulky Tip

I am really considering rhinoplasty. This drained alot of my confidence. Anyway how do you make the bridge higher and the tip more refined instead of being bulky and also how does alar base reduction surgery work because i would like my nostrils narrowed too. I always love the noses of korean actresses, Im sure the surgery can help me look better and more confidence with myself. Thank you!

Asian rhinoplasty with implant

+1

With regards to Asian noses, dorsal augmentation is performed with a small or medium sized Flowers nasal dorsal silastic implant manufactured by Implant Tech. Alar base reduction is performed on the inside of the floor of the nostrils and reduction of the small amount of skin can be performed to reduce the nostril flare. There is also a small amount of cartilage that can be removed at the tip to reduce the bulbosity of the tip.  

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You have the classic Asian nose with poor projection of the bridge and tip, and a wide nasal base. I prefer  augmentation with the patient's cartilage to increase projection and definition as well as narrowing of the nasal base with incisiions at the nostril-lip junction. 

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Most likely you will need a dorsal onlay graft to elevate and potentially narrow the bridge of the nose. In the Orient many of these are done with silastic artificial implants. Here in the United States the best approach is to use your own bone ( Calverian skull graft ) . This is safer in the long run and won't run into any rejection problems .The donor scar hides in the scalp hair and the donor bone is never missed. Tip work for the bulbous aspect of your nose should involve mostly skin thinning (carefully) and cartilage grafts from the ear and septum to add definition and shape to the nose. Very little material should be removed from your nose as it will be needed to help project and reshape the tip itself. The nostrils can be moved medially to give the nose a narrower appearence...again this is best done conservatively so as not ot look artificial

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Korean nose

+1

To improve the lower dorsal height, a dorsal onlay graft of cartilage may be appropriate. Of course with skin thickness limitations, the tip may be narrowed and softened. but not as much as a thin skinned caucasian.

Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Jassiez,

Most Asian rhinoplasties are augmentation rhinoplasties. In order to achieve a more streamlined and defined nose, one needs to add tissue to the bridge of the nose and possibly the tip. An alar base reduction is simple and can be done without any problems in most of these cases. My prefernce for treating patients with these needs is to use rib cartilage. It is very abundant, easy to shape and will never be rejected by the body since it is your own tissue. It is important to find a surgeon with experience and that you like. Good luck.

Dr. A. Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Asian rhinoplasty falls into the ethnic rhinoplasty category. Asians and African Americans have alot of similarities when it comes to nasal features: Low bridge, bulbous tip and wide nostrils. You can certainly raise your bridge with a custom made silastic implant, cartilage grafts for the tip and selective alar base narrowing. When you choose a surgeon make sure you see alot of before and afters of Ethnic rhinoplasties before you decide to have surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS