Facial Restructuring Possible and Realistic?

I'm Asian and I'm not happy with my face and I want it to be restructured. I want to have a better jaw contouring and facial balance, and more proportionately balanced nose with newly created jawline and side view that is more defined, and angulated with accentuation of cheeks or chin with slight hollowing of mid face. I want my face changed and look different from what I am now. Is that possible and realistic?

MAny different options for facial restructuriing

+1

Yes this is possible but may not be desireable.

Clearly this will involve multiple procedures which may not necessarily be performed all at the same time.

There are too many options to discuss here and include both osseous and alloplastic augmentation procedures in addition to soft tissue arrangements such as buccal fat extraction or facial/cervical liposuction, etc.

Seek the advice of at least 2 if not 3 plastic surgeons and discuss these options. M

Facial balance and harmony

+1

What you are asking for is a grey area in plastic surgery. We usually deal with effects of aging or congenital problems e.g sagging face or crooked nose etc.

However,what you are asking for is a global change in your facial appearance.Technically, this is feasible by fillers, surgery, or implants. The real question is: will you like this transformation? A lot of time is needed to communicate your wishes to your plastic surgeon. I would personally spend more than one consultation with you and i would start with reversable treatments (e.g fillers) until you find a nice facial balance that you will like.

Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS