Can Asian Eyelift Surgery Be Done on Caucasian Eyes?

I see doctors that do procedures for asian eye lift surgery specializing on asians. A lot of caucasians have droopy double eyelids that would like to have them lifted and the eye shape changed to an almond shape. I googled the procedure and only found Dr. Flowers in Hawaii but unfortunately he retired in 2009. Are there any doctors that do what he did for caucasian eyes?

The eyelid crease can be created, deepened, or moved for any ethnicity

+1

The surgery to create or alter an upper lid crease should be tailored for one's anatomy, not one's ethnicity.  What you are asking is definately possible.  I would recommend seeking treatment by a surgeon who performs a high volume of double fold surgery. 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery on Caucasians

+1

The can be performed as long as your anatomy allows it.  Rearrangement of anatomy and proper suture placement is key.  Basically you need several consults with Facial Plastic or Oculoplastic surgeons before proceeding.  A photo would be helpful.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty

+1

An upper blepharoplasty can be performed for all ethnicities.  If you do not have a prominent upper eyelid crease, like many Asians, that can be created.  Please  consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/asianblepharoplasty

Yes.

+1

If a caucasian eyelid has a poorly formed crease, then anchoring sutures are often used. Oculoplastic surgeons do this routinely when ptosis [droopy eyelid] repair is done.

You can find one close to you by going to asoprs dot org

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

A Flowers' anchor eyelid procedure is done on Caucasian eyes

+1

The Asian and Caucasian eye anatomy is more similar than it is different. You are correct that in many cases the crease can become an indistinct line in any race. Furthermore, upper eyelid surgery can sometimes obliterate a preexisting crease if the surgeon includes the crease as part of the skin excision. Dr. Flowers routinely performed his Anchor Procedure to recreate the supratarsal crease in all patients, regardless of ethnicity. As Dr. Flowers' partner in the late 90's-early 2000s I have adopted his philosophy as well. All eyelids benefit from a anchor procedure.