Asian Eyelid Lift Without Creating a Fold?

I have asian monolid eyelids and I think they are beginning to get droopy from weight loss. IS there a lift I can get to the eyelids without creating a fold? I do not want a double eyelid. Would like to keep the monolid, just lifted.

Possible skin removal

+1

This may still require skin removal so an incision would be necessary. It depends on the amount of skin and fat over your eyes.

Web reference: http://www.youtube.com/user/DrPrasad1

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid rejuvination without creating a fold

+1

Yes this is possible. The procedure (upper lid Blepharoplasty) can be performed without taking the additional steps of creating a double eyelid fold. Keep in mind however that an incision needs to be made in order to excise your extra skin so some degree of demarcation will be made along the eyelid crease. It will not be nearly as deep as one created on purpose.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/knowledge-base/cosmetic-surgery-options/eyelid-surgery-blepharoplasty/upper-eyelid-blepharoplasty/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyes lifted but not with fold created

+1

This can be done easily. You just have to take out some skin and muscle to take away the tissues that you are droopy. You have to just not create the crease. These two surgeries are completely different and someone experienced in Asian blepharoplasty will know the difference and be able to do this for you.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid lift without creating a fold

+1

It is very difficult to keep only the monolid during Asian eyelid surgery.  As soon as an incision is made to remove excess skin, a crease will form due to that incision and create a double eyelid.

Depends on your anatomy

+1

If it is only the eyelids that are drooping, then an internal incision on the underside of the eyelids can raise the lids [ptosis repair]. However if it is excess skin hooding, then only skin removal can be address the problem. The eye brows will also need to be evaluated.

Photos would be helpful.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Photos would be so very helpful.

+1

The answer is that it very much depends on how your eyes are drooping.  There are some options but so much depends on precisely what your issues are.  As you live in Columbus, I can recommend Jill Foster, M.D. who is nationally regarded and I think you will find her very straight forward.

Keeping your Monolid

+1

Morning,

That is possible but the options aren't awesome.  Number one is laser work.  You could do something called the Affirm to tighten the skin.  This is less risky for you since it's moderately invasive.  You may find you like that one.  Something a bit more invasive is a CO2 laser.  Better tightening but increased risk of hyperpigmentation for you.  Next would be Botox.  This can give you a little non-surgical brow lift. . .it's very safe. . .but it is more temporary.   Finally, and this may be your best option, a brow lift could help tremendously.  You'd be looking at about a week of down time but depending on your anatomy, etc. it could be a good choice for you.

However, make sure you see a number of facial plastic surgeons before you do anything.  I wouldn't waist too much time at medi spas for this kind of thing.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon