Asian Eyelid Surgery Revision After 10 Years? (photo)

10 yrs ago I had upper anchor blepharoplasty, shorty after my right eye did not hold the crease and I had revision surgery 6 months later. My right eye was able to hold a partial crease but not at the level it had been made and it kind of made its own crease which is uneven with my other eye. However the major problem is that my eyes (especially my right eye) do not close when I sleep or even when I am trying to close them unless I squint them shut together. And I have scarring. How can I fix this?

Lagophthalmos

+1

Lagophthalmos, the inability to fully close your eyelids, can be due to poorly functioning muscle [Orbicularis], scarring within the eyelid tissue, or inadequate upper eyelid skin, or a combination of the three.

Though revision to strengthen the eyelid crease is possible, you do run the risk of scarring causing worsening of the lagophthalmos.

I would recommend a consultation with ASOPRS trained Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon. I have provided the link below to find one close to you.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery Revision

+1

Dear melsvinsmommy,

Revision blepharoplasty is certainly possible. It sounds as if you have a few issues to address including not being to close your eyes fully, crease asymmetry, and partial crease formation on your right side. Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an expert in revision Asian blepharoplasty for an evaluation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

San Francisco, CA USA

Larry Fan, MD