Asian Eyelid Surgery, Hooded Eyes? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 18 yrs old girl I have a crease (it isn't always the same size) but my skin covers it. My eyelids feel heavy, so I always raise my eyebrows. The crease is then visible and I have the feeling that I can see a bit more. I want this surgery done, because I look tired/angry when I don't raise my eyebrows. but I don't want a eyebrow lift. I was wondering what the eyelid surgery procedure will be like? Can the fat be removed? And is it possible to make the crease a bit higher? kind regards

What you need is double fold surgery.

+2

You have a crease but you need a more defined double fold.  The key is precision. In consultation it should be determined how much eyelid platform you should have exposed.  Generally this should be in the 2-3 mm range across the width of each eyelid.  This determines how much skin needs to be removed, which is very little.  This preserves the upper eyelid fold which is essential for your appearance.  Your crease height should be in the neighborhood of 5 to 7 mm.  Removal of skin alone will not help you.  You need both skin and muscle removed but no eyelid fat.  The key is that the skin and muscle of the eyelid platform needs to be placed on a slight stretch and attached to the exposed levator aponeurosis.  This is called an anchor blepharoplasty.  This forms a hard crease that supports the eyelid platform skin so it is not mobile.  This in turns helps support the eyelashes and creates a smooth eyelid platform that is able to hold makeup without the eyelid fold rubbing the make off.  Less is more.  There are only a handful of surgeons in the world who are able to perform this surgery with the degree of precision you need.

Subtle, skin only blepharoplasty

+2

You would do very well with a very subtle, conservative blepharoplasty with only skin removal.

I would highly advise against removing any fat from your eyelids. As you get older, your upper eyelids will definely lose fat, and we do not want to hurry that process along and end up with really hollow eyelids.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hooded eyes at age 18

+1

Your post suggests that your brow tissues are naturally low.  I agree that a browlift at your age is not indicated.  Creation of a taller fold with minimal skin excision will expose more of the fold.  Seek a consultation with a surgeon who has a lot of experience doing Asian blepharoplasties. 

Clyde H. Ishii, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Conservative Asian eyelid surgery/blepharoplasty

+1

It's possible to give you a crease that is higher and more symmetric with upper eyelid surgery.  During the surgery a small amount of fat will be removed, and your crease will be formed and set at a bit higher.  This could definitely give you a nice result without a browlift.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Blepharoplasty allows more crease to show

+1

With the very nicelly shaped crease you have in both of your eyes I can understand why you would want to see more of it. As you are aware as you elevate the eyelid skin it moves up and away from the crease exposing it more. This can be done surgcally by removing some of the extra eyelid skin so you dont have to move it up with your eyebrows. It's not recomended to try and elevate your crease as you may end up having two creases, your origianl and the surgically created crease. 

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon