Asian Eyelid Revision Suggestions

Does it look like I have ptosis on my left eye? Is there a procedure that will make my eyes look more narrow/almond shaped. My surgeon placed my crease to high for my liking, and may have taken a lot of fat and skin. I look like a different ethnicity, and I miss my "Asian" look.

Revision Asian Eyelid Surgery

+1

Ptosis can be corrected to help achieve better symmetry between the two eyes.  Revision asian blepharoplasty surgery can be tricky sometimes depending on what was previously done.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Ptosis in the eyelid is correctable and you can lower your crease after Asian Blepharoplasty

+1

Ptosis in the eyelid is correctable and you can lower your crease after Asian Blepharoplasty.   Sometimes doing an Asian Blepharoplasty will reveal a ptosis that wasn't as apparent before the procedure because the Asian Blepharoplasty can remove the skin that over hangs the eyelid margin that can hide a ptosis.  Ptosis surgery can be done by a doctor that does a lot of Asian double eyelid surgeries.  It just entails shortening the muscle that elevates the eyelid margin called the levator aponeurosis. 

This is the same muscle that you have to work with to create the double eyelid crease in Asian Blepharoplasty.  Some choose to wait to do the double eyelid asian blepharoplasty after the ptosis surgery.  In my hands, I have confidence in getting a good result doing them at the same time.  Revision asian blepharoplasty to lower the crease is a difficult procedure.  It entails releasing the scar, and then adding fat into the area to block the readhesion of the crease and recreating the new eyelid crease.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery for Asian eyelids

+1

It does appear that the left eye is smaller and there is a mild degree of ptosis in that left eye as well. Look for an oculoplastic surgeon who is well versed in Asian eyelids and can tighten that muscle to open the eye.

Asian eye

+1

To determain if you have ptosis in one eye you need to see an ophthalmologist and do the appropriate measyrements. Ptosis can be corrected but do not expect perfection.

as for you missingyou "Asian eyes"

the surgery is not reversible most of the time

. You should have thought about it before SEEKING surgery. That is why most plastic surgeons will advise not to change the ethniciy by surgery. Michael Jackson is your best example.

Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, seek his/her advise