I Had Asian Eyelid Revision with Epicanthoplasty & Noticed Theres a Line Above my Suture, Will That Go Away?

It's post op day 3, the swelling went down a bit. I had asian eyelid revision with epicanthoplasty and ptosis repair. I noticed there's a line above my suture now that my skin isn't so taut above the eye the swelling went down. Will that line go away? I see it one min and the way I open my eyes it comes and goes away. I dont want to end up having 3 lines

Post op after Asian eyelid surgery

+3

Asian eyes,

Don't worry just yet, it's veeeeeeeeeery early.  I tell all my patients they will odd swelling, uneven lines, something will seem off during that first week.  Most likely these things will relax and smooth out.  Just follow you wound care directs for now.  You won't be able to judge the success of this reliably for a month or two, but I'm sure you'll be looking more natural soon.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Way too early to worry.

+3

It is way to early after surgery for you to worry about asymmetry. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. I would not consider revision surgery on anyone until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon