Non Asian Ethnic Bleph

I have very ethnic Hispanic eyes (by that I mean indigenous, similar to native Americans).That makes my profile flat in the eye area. Two things stopped me from plastic surgery is (1) I got lipo 8 years ago and I got a scars(some mini keloids). I do not mind them on my body but I would mind them on my face (2)The before and after ethnic blephs do not seem to have a big change. I would like a parallel crease without the downward pointing inner corners. HELP

Ethnic blepharoplasty

+1

Changing the position or shape of the upper eyelid crease is possible, and you should consult with a plastic surgeon who specializes in these types of procedures, or with an oculoplastic surgeon. Hypertrophic and keloid scars are extremely unlikely to form in the thin skin of the upper eyelid, and especially when the result of surgery (as opposed to burns or other types of traumatic injury).

Correction of Lower Lid / Cheek Flatness

+1

Regarding: "I have very ethnic Hispanic eyes (by that I mean indigenous, similar to native Americans).That makes my profile flat in the eye area. ...The before and after ethnic blephs do not seem to have a big change ".

From the photograph provided you do have a flatness of the cheek bone (MAXILLARY HYOPOPLASIA). This is commonly see among Central Americans along with other Mestizo nasal features related to their Indian origin.

Flatness in this area used to be commonly treated with implants (placed through the mouth or lower lid) but in many people can these days be treated with certain fillers (such as Radiesse).  I think judicious use of fillers would give you the fuller look you are seeking without needing eyelid surgery.

As regards the inner corners (Medial Canthus) of the eyes, they SHOULD be 1-2 mm lower than the outer (lateral) corners. As we age, the outer corners sag and go from the youthful elevated position to level (with the inner corner) and then to the old, sad, saggy below the inner corner.

Be careful what you ask for. You may get it.

Eyelid surgery and hypertrophic scars concern

+1

It is understable that you are concerned about hypertrophic scars, but that rarely happens to eyelid skin.  In fact I have never seen it.

Every person, and every eyelid is different.  Variations and asymmetry need to be taken into account when planning any corrective surgery.  Having said that, you are a candidate for surgery.  A consultation will determine what's best for you and what can be expected.

Dr T.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

+1

The most important aspect to cosmetic surgery is to understand the anatomy and to have a reasonable and specific goal. Plastic surgery is mainly about applied anatomy to change the anatomical structure. A customized analysis and surgical plan should be the feature of any treatment. Your plastic surgeon should careful evaluate your anatomy, try to understand what you see and what bothers you, discuss the exact nature of what you desire, and then explain the maneuvers required to achieve that end. Scars around the eyelid area an not necessarily invisible but very imperceptible. You also may or may not have keloids but instead have hypertrophic scar, an entirely diifferent.

Hi, I think you also emailed me through my website.

+1

Dear 8138

What you need here is a personal consultation.  I think any ethical doctor will be concerned regarding your hypertrophic scars.  However, the eyelids heal perhaps the best of any area on the body.  So it is common for someone to have say a bad c-section scar and yet heal great from their eyelid surgery.  The next issue is understanding precisely what you are looking for.  It is possible that you need a forehead lift rather than eyelid surgery.  Alternatively, you might be very happy with an appropriately done filler and BOTOX treatment and decide that this is the way for you rather than surgery at this time.  You are correct to be concerned about having surgery tailored to your ethnic features.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com