Asian Double Eyelid Surgery - Crease Forming or 2nd Surgery Needed? (photo)

Had asian double eyelid surgery. 1st picture is how I looked the 2nd night after surgery. Stitches on left eye are much higher than the stitches on right eye. The 2nd picture is how I looked 15 days after the surgery. There is a crease on my left eye but no crease on my right eye. Have a follow up in 1.5 weeks. Will my right eye have a crease after the swelling goes down or will there not be a crease? Does it look like I will need other surgery to correct it?

Swelling after Asian eyelid surgery

+1

It may be related to swelling or it could be that a second procedure is necessary. Have the doctor reexamine it and be patient. It can take up to 3 months to get the final result. You don’t want to go in too early to create a surgical incision if it’s not necessary.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revsion likely needed

+1

I generally urge patients to wait at least 2-3 months to allow swelling/scarring to resolve before jumping to any conclusions regarding the success. In your case however, there seems to be to evidence of a crease at all, so I would find it likely that you will need a revision. But wait at least 3 months after the initial surgery or even 6 months if you can wait that long. The longer you wait, the softer the scar is and easier the surgery will be.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian eye lid

+1

There was a major difference from day one

At 15 days you still have the same difference, no crease right eye.

Will most probably need revisional surgery