Is Asian Blepharoplasty Revision Possible For Higher Crease?

I had double eyelid surgery 8 months ago, however I would like a higher crease now (more platform for make up, etc). Is this possible to achieve? According to my doc I dont have any extra skin, therefore he can't remove the old incision while creating the higher one above it. Is this ok? Is it acceptable (aesthetically)? Thank you very much.

It is possible but not worth the money and risks.

+1

Although you crease may be smaller than you wanted, I think you have a great outcome. I just don't think it's worth spending money and taking the risks. I can tell your doctor is good and would advise you to listen to him.

Revision Should Be a Simple Procedure

+1

Although I think your eyes look very good and your surgery went well, your eyelids could be revised so your crease is higher.  This could be done with a non-incisional technique that would have minimal recovery.  We perform this type of surgery frequently for revisions.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Higher crease after Asian eyelid surgery in the past

+1

Yes you can increase the height of the crease after Asian Eyelid Crease Surgery. It will entail setting the crease higher with a higher incision. The drawback in this situation is that you may have two incisions that could be exposed if you don't have enough skin. It is likely that your crease is high enough and that all you need is more skin taken out. This is much simpler to do.  The options are there for you. I think non incision techniques that the others are advocating is harder to achieve symmetry and long lasting results and you may need to get more surgery in the future to correct that approach.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes it works

+1

Yes, it is definitely possible to create a higher crease. This procedure is relatively an easy procedure. You do not need extra skin to create a larger crease. It will be aesthetically acceptable as long as your eye elevating muscle can tolerate the higher crease. If the higher crease formation creates a slight ptosis, then a ptosis surgery will be performed at the same time so that a high crease can be created which also looks aesthetically pleasing. The surgery will be performed using a suture technique so there will not be any incision. One would not remove the old incision to create the higher fold. 

Kenneth K. Kim, MD

+1

You have a very good symmetric result, however, if you are absolutely sure you want a higher crease, this is achievable. The new crease is higher than it looks since your actual crease is hidden under a skin fold. 1-2mm skin resection will give you what you want.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double eye lid surgery

+1

You have a very aesthetic result. Getting the crease higher not advised especially if you had an open technique.