Asian Blepharoplasty with Custom Eye Shape. Is It Possible? (photo)

I have an Asian Eyelid with no fold. I searched through the Internet but found nothing on this topic. Well, my actual question is... "Americanizing" the eye may look unnatural to the Asian faces due to its round shape and small nose, but if the face is more symmetric and sharp, is it possible to get deep eyes with a fold so that it will look westernized naturally.

Asian eyelid customization

+1

While many aspects of Asian eyelid surgery can be customized what you are seeking is anatomically difficult to achieve and would look unnatural.   I do have many patient who are tall with deep orbits and bone structure that supports big changes in the appearance in the eyes.  In the photos provided I don't see that working out for you.

You do have a very mild form of ptosis in both eyelids but it's very mild.  It would require special expertise to fix this AND create a new crease at the same time.  

Hope that helps

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your eye socket cannot be changed

+1

It's not possible to obtain a westernized appearance in the manner with which you are seeking. What you are asking for is whether a deep set eye can be accomplished. The bony eye socket in most Asians, including your photo, is shallow. It's not possible to deepen your eye socket or reshape your forehead in any practical manner. 

One quick comment though about your eyes: you have weakness in your upper lid called ptosis which causes a person to look sleepy. This should be corrected as part of a double eyelid procedure.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

You are not getting to either of those after images.

+1

Aizar 

It is important to understand that the eye you are illustrating for your after images have outside folds in the upper medial canthal area.  You have a medial epicanthal fold.  To move you in any way, shape, or form to the after images you are suggesting would requires a high risk epicanthoplasty.  This causes unpredictable scaring .  I really advise against this.  WIthout the epicanthoplasty, if you have a double fold surgery, you will end up with an inside fold, which is a more traditional Asian double fold look and not the American look you are thinking about.  Be careful out there because there are many surgeons who pretend to understand double fold surgery and really do not have a clue.

Asian Blepharoplasty

+1

Many Asians do not want Westernization of their eyelids, but it can certainly be done.  The techniques are similar but altered because the height of the upper eyelid crease is different.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD