I Am Asian and I Have a Natural, Defined Eye Crease, But I Want my Crease to Be Even Higher?

Hi, Im a 20 year old Asian female. I was born with a natural and defined eye crease (rare but not impossible). However, I want my crease to be more defined because I noticed that above my crease I have some wrinkles and a very small amount of extra skin. I would like my crease to be deeper, a little bit higher, and the wrinkles diminished. Which procedure would be best suited for me? And what would be the associated risks? Thanks! Note: I never had any surgery prior to this considered procedure.

You can have blepharoplasty to remove some of the skin and raise the crease

+1

You can have blepharoplasty to remove some of the skin and raise the crease. But, there is always a possibility of asymmetry and scarring. You need to make sure that your surgeon is experienced with eyelid surgery in Asian eyes. This should all be discussed thoroughly with you doctor beforehand because this procedure will change the shape of your eyes. However, it is a common surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Deeper Higher Asian Eyelid Crease

+1

Morning Christycherish,

What you're asking for is probably best performed with in incision technique and crease repositioning with well placed sutures.  Some skin would need to be removed in your case.  Could this be done with suture technique alone?  Certainly, however, the results may not be lasting or as dramatic as you'd like.  The incision technique healing time would be about 7 days with some subtle swelling that will resolve over the next month or so.  These are general guidelines.  Keep in mind everyone is unique.  This procedure SHOULD be performed under local anesthesia so the surgeon can compare the creases when you open your eyes.  Make sure you see a surgeon experienced in Asian eyelid surgery.  My last bit of advise is don't go too big. Keep it natural.  You can always to more later.  If you do to much in the beginning revising this is difficult.  This video doesn't show your surgery but the recreation of the crease on her left side is comparable to the procedure you would need.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would be very careful what you wish for.

+1

The crease height you are showing with the folded lid is very high.  This is sort of the classic "Westernized" lid look.  In my opinion it is not so aesthetic.  Remember that it is always possible to raise the eyelid fold but impossible to lower the eyelid fold.  So the very basic question that must be answered in consultation is what you are showing in the photo actually what you want?  ASOPRS eyelid surgeons are very good but this is not a guarantee that the surgeon you see will be an Asian eyelid specialists.  Good luck and please stay safe.

Asian blepharoplasty

+1

What you would benefit from is a blepharoplasty with skin excision and lid crease reformation sutures.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon