Asian Alar Tiplasty Nightmare? (photo)

removed cartilage, put it into a ball in the middle to raise and refine tip. im ok with my low nose, no bridge implant. Now a mo. after, i can see a shadow of a ball in my tip in some angles, my tip is also high which doesnt match my low bridge. trimmed too much alar rim now looks shaved and uneven, worst it cannot be defined from my tip. my nose is lumpy like 1 inverted triangle in pics. I cant see my alar anymore! i want a clear definition of where are my alars and tip,like before

Rhinoplasty nose surgery and tip plasty

+1

Dear Ratedrko,

You seem unhappy with the results and looking at your tip, it still looks swollen

• I would still wait it out, the tip is the last part of the nose that improves over the healing period
  • The tip will come down and the lumpiness should improve
  • If you are still unhappy after 6 months, then you may need to seek a revision, but cross that bridge when you get to it, it just takes some patience

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Disappointment after rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the results after rhinoplasty. If you still very early (less than 6 months) in your postoperative period, then it's better to just be patient and let the swelling completely subside (it can take 6 to 12 months after surgery). Keep in touch with your surgeon. He or she has the best knowledge of the inside anatomy of your nose and what's been done. If you really do not want to go back to your surgeon, then seek out board certified plastic surgeon that's experienced with Asian revision rhinoplasty

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS