2 Months Post Rhinoplasty: Nose Feels Numb and I Have Headaches

aim Asian . 2 months ago I had my rhinoplasty surgery done to higher the bridge of my nose. Now my nose feel a little bit numb and I have headaches between my eyes. Is it sinus or complication of the surgery?

Numbness after rhinoplasty

+1
In general, almost all noses are numb right after a rhinoplasty. In most cases its the tip that is numb, but this numbness can extend down to the upper lip, and in rare cases some of the teeth. It is also not uncommon that one side of the nose is more numb than the other. There are nerves that are cut and stretched during a rhinoplasty, and it takes a long time for those nerves to start working again. This is true of an open as well as closed rhinoplasty, although it tends to be more extensive in open rhinoplasty. This could also be more extensive if a septoplasty is performed at the same time. This, along with the swelling, gives you a stiff, plastic type feel, and can give you an odd smile. However, the nerves will start working and again, and your nose stiffness will go away with time. This takes in most cases months, but can take years in rare cases. Extremely rarely, the numbness is permanent, although I have never seen such as case. In certain cases where an implant was used, numbness could be caused by compression against the implant, or if it happens years later, then an infected implant can cause numbness as well.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Numbness and Headaches 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Don't be concerned about  "a little bit" of numbness 2 months after rhinoplasty - this should resolve with time. Your headaches may be secondary to sinus congestion or a sinus infection which can be caused by a narrow nasal airway after the rhinoplasty. See your surgeon for an evaluation and appropriate treatment.

Pain and numbness following a rhinoplasty

+1

Numbness to the tip of your nose especially can last up to six months after a rhinoplasty especially if an open approach or an incision was used at the bottom of the nose. It is possible you may have gotten headaches triggered as well. That being said, headaches could be a sign of something else going on so I would have this evaluated by your surgeon.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Headache / pain after nasal augmentation

+1

If you had an implant to augment the bridge of your nose, the headache and altered sensations of your nose can represent an infection of your implant if it is associated with swelling, redness, or tenderness.  It is always best to seek an in-person evaluation by the surgeon who performed your surgery or a nasal specialist.  Take care.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Headache and discomfort after nasal implants

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient,
After nasal implants, you may experience slight numbness over you nasal skin which resolves over time. However having constant headaches and pain is an issue that needs to be addressed by your surgeon. You need to see you rhinoplasty surgeon for a thorough examination. Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO