Can I Pop Painful Fluid Filled Bump at Incision/suture Sight? (photo)

I am 6 months post op breast reduction. The painful, fluid filled swelling is accompanied by intermittent deep, sharp stabbing pain. There is a depression under it when I press it. A stitch poked through about a month post op at the same site. Also about 3-4 months post op, a swelling in the same place popped on it's own and oozed thick yellow fuid followed by a little blood tinged fluid. PS is 4 hours away. Is it safe for me to pop it?

No, Culture Fluid

+1
I would recommend you go to a doctor in your local area like your family practitioner and have the fluid cultured.  You have been having issues with sutures spitting for months so another approach would be indicated. Removal of the suture would also help resolution.  Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

A stitch abscess can emerge several months after breast reduction.

+1

Small collections of incisional fluid can develop as a dissolvable stitch is dispatched by the body. Your surgeon can evacuate this and instruct you on proper wound toilet.

+1

I would see a more local PS or general surgeon to open the suture cyst in a sterile field. Self treatment is NEVER recommended!