Is a rhinoplasty necessary to fix any breathing obstructions I have? (photos)

I've had a septoplasty done about a year ago. My snoring is WORSE than before, I still have lots of trouble breathing through my nose (i mostly breathe through my mouth), & as per a second opinion i got from a DR., he says my septum is still very deviated. If the septoplasty i had done already did not work, what procedure is best for me? & if a rhinoplasty is necessary, would it also help straighten my nose? i hate that it's noticeably crooked! & would my insurance cover everything?

Is a rhinoplasty necessary to fix any breathing obstructions I have?

+1
Hello and thanks for your question. It appears that your septum and nose is somewhat deviated. To correct that if it bothers you and gives you problem with breathing a septo-rhinoplasty is indicated. If the symptoms are not troublesome for you, it can be observed for now. Rhinoplasty can also correct other issues with the aesthetics of the nose.
Dr Sajjadian

+1
An exam will be necessary to determine potential points of obstruction. 

+1
You can just do the revision septaloplasty or a combination of rhino septolaplasty... Your choice... 

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty are 2 completely different operations

+1
Nasal obstruction  can be caused from a  Variety of issues such as a deviated septum, turbinate hypertrophy, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, allergies, and chronic sinusitis. Each one of these is treated differently with either medications or surgery.  Functional  nasal surgery to improve air flow through the nose is considered a medical necessity once it's been documented by your physician. A rhinoplasty is performed for cosmetic purposes and has nothing to do with breathing. A rhinoplasty can straighten the crooked nose when necessary by applying osteotomies to the nasal bones and sometimes a cartilaginous spreader graft placement. Patient's must pay for the cosmetic portion of their nasal surgery. Both a septoplasty and a rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time under the same anesthetic with one recovery.

Breathing problems after septoplasty

+1
A septoplqsty is designed to straighten the inside of your nose. A revision of the septoplasty is possible. It may be that you have internal valve collapse as well. A rhinoplasty would straighten the outward appearance of your nose. Typically insurance will cover the functional aspects but not the rhinoplasty portion. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breathing Problems Post Septoplasty

+1
If your nose, including your septum, is crooked and the internal valve is narrow as we see in the pictures you will need a revision and spreader cartilage grafts to improve your breathing.