How Long Before Spider Veins Disappear With Asclera??

I went in on 3/31 for Asclera injections on my right leg for very small spider veins. Four days later & the veins are still there & now I have red puncture marks.. It looks like the veins might be fading a little, but they havent disappeared like you see on tv, that's for sure... How long does it usually take? I'm wondering if the girl even got it right?

Asclera for spider veins and telangiectasias

+1

As with sclerotherapy with any solution, Asclera effect will take months (3-6 months) for final effect. When used with foam, the veins disappear immediately aas the chemical passes through followed by redness within minutes which persistes and sometimes further darkening. It is imperative that patietns wear compression stockings for at least 3 months and also use some products topically to reduce the hyperpigmentation effect (VenoLucent or Venoquin).

Buffalo General Surgeon

Asclera results can take weeks to months to be seen

+1

Results from Asclera are often not immediate.  That's because the product is a sclerosant that irritates the vessels causing it to fade over time.  Typically while injecting one sees the vessel immediately disappear and then it reddens over the time.  The ultimate fading can take weeks to several months to be realized and often more than one treatment may be required.

Ritu Saini, MD

What to expect from Spider Vein Treatment

+1

The spiders veins should instantly disappear for a moment and then turn bright red. The veins often become dark for several days but within a week should be faded.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon

Can take a few months

+1

It can take a few months to see the full results after Asclera.  Make sure you go to a very experienced dermatologist to ensure you get the best possible results.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Results after Asclera

+1

With any sclerotherapy procedure to treat spider veins, it can take up to two months to see the full results and resolution of the treated vessel. In the first few weeks after treatment, the spider veins will first begin to fade in color. In the majority of cases, patients also have a feeding vessel connected to the spider veins. Therefore, for optimal correction of the spider vein, "its feeding vein" must be treated too.

Jennifer Peterson, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Asclera results

+1

The use of any injectable sclerosing agent is very technique driven. The tiny vessel must be penetrated ane the asclera solution carefully injected. we see blanching immediately. Either your veins were to big or poorly injected.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD