Is Artificial Tanning Bad for Keratosis Pilaris?

I have keratosis pilaris on my legs and I know that the sun make the spots look darker that's why I am planning to get artificial tanning.

Treatment for keratosis pilaris on the arms and legs with KP Pads for exfoliation

+1

Sun tan booths can camouflage keratosis pilaris but will not treat the condition.  I use a combination of ammonium lactate and KP Pads for daily exfoliation of the Keratosis pilaris or KP. 

Artificial tanning is not bad for keratosis pilaris.

+1

Don't worry about artificial tanning and keratosis pilaris. It should actually blend in the redness that you see with the keratosis pilaris spots and may improve the overall look, but not the feel. Contrary to the sun, artificial tanning does not make dark spots darker. Hopefully this will make you feel more comfortable getting the artificial tanning done.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist