I Have to Have Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery but I Have Been Considering Breast Implants. Is is Possible to Both on Same Day?

Maybe this would be an awful experience and no doctor would want to do it, but I have to have arthroscopic shoulder surgery (ouch) but I want breast augmentation.Both require rest/recovery afterwards for a week or two AND anesthesia. I just thought maybe I could combine the sugeries so I would only have to have anesthesia once and would not have to put off the breast augmentation- I am sure I want to do the implants now after serious consideration. Thoughts? Implants first bcz of shlder rehab?

I think combining breast augmentation and shoulder arthroscopy would be unreasonably hard on you to recover

+1

I think combining breast augmentation and shoulder arthroscopy would be unreasonably hard on you to recover and may spell a recipe for a stiff shoulder.  I recommend having these surgeries done separately.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps

Shoulder surgery and breast implants

+1

Dear IlsaB,

I assume you need a a shoulder arthroscopic surgery because of a "reconstructive " problem.

I would not combine the procedures at all, not a good idea.

You need to consider the shoulder surgery first, which is an essential step in your well being. you may need up to 3 months of physical therapy post-operatively, depending of the problem. Once you are cleared for all activities by your orthopedic surgeon, then you can go forward with breast augmentation surgery.

Breast augmentation surgery is an elective procedure to improve your natural beauty. you do not want any other problems to interfere during this process.

good luck,

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Breast augmentation and shoulder surgery

+1

It is not uncommon the patient requests two surgeries to be performed at the same time. Plastic surgeons commonly combine procedure in one surgery. In your case, things are a bit different. The recovery process of shoulder surgery is a lot different than recovery process of breast augmentation and may conflict with each other. Hence, I would not advise to do them both at the same time.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Combining shoulder surgery with breast augmentation

+1
I would not recommend doing these procedures at the same time. If you do the augmentation first , wait 5-6 weeks. If you so the shoulder first, go to rehab then consider the breast surgery when your shoulder is substantially healed

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants first before shoulder surgery

+1

Having a breast augmentation at the same time as your shoulder surgery might make your surgeons unhappy, and could push up the cost depending on the cost basis of the facility where your orthopedic surgeon works. We would suggest your augmentation before in an office based environment, and your arthroscopy several days later, and then on to rehab.

Breast Augmentation and Shoulder Surgery on the Same Day

+1

My recommendation to you is to avoid combining the procedures.  Shoulder surgery and rehab can be a daunting commitment.  Fully recover from this and then proceed with breast augmentation.

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon