Rhinoplasty After Artesense (Artefill) Nose Job?

I had a non-surgical nose job 4 months ago with Artesense, an Improved version of Artefill. I had a low Radix so my doctor used Artesense to build it up. The rest of the nose is perfect. I have another appointment next week to finalize the nose job. So far, I am extremely happy with the result. Only had bruising for about 24 hours. No discomfort, looks very natural. My question is would it be possible to have an actual Rhinoplasty on top of the filler or would that be too risky?

Rhinoplasty after filler to the nose

+4

Rhinoplasty after a filler is safe as long as the surgeon knows what was done previously and is cautious. I have done this with good results and no problems, including in a reconstruction. If you like your result from the filler, however, why would you consider a rhinoplasty? The Artesence is a permanent filler.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty after Artefill nose job

+3

It is best to wait at least a year after the ArteFill has been injected to undergo any elective rhinoplasty procedure.  The majority of any filler that has been placed will be removed at the time of the rhinoplasty.  

Fillers and Rhinoplasty

+3

Fillers can be safe and are done more frequently now in patients who have slight irregularities or require dorsal augmentation only. I do these frequently especially in patients of color, including Asians and African Americans, who do not want to have an autologous rib graft. Hyaluronic acid fillers are optimal for this. Restylane is preferred on the dorsum side walls and Juvederm on the tip area. This must be done in a very careful manner. I do not recommend use of a particular granularfiller or permanent filler like ArteFill and not Radiesse because there is no significant dermis and this can be problematic.  Hyaluronic acid filler is one that is easily reversible, is soft, and lasts for up to two years.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Rhinoplasty after Artifill nasal Injections

+3

There are added risks with rhinoplasty after Artifill nasal injections, but why consider this if you are "happy with the result". Enjoy your "perfect" nose.

Rhinoplasty after Fillers

+3

First of all you say "I am extremely happy with the result" so I don´t understand why would you consider a rhinoplasty (metacrilatos are permanent fillers).

However rhinoplasty after a filler is often more difficult than a primary rhinoplasty for the difficult to remove the filler.

Enrique Pedro Gagliardi, MD, PhD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Rhinoplasty after permanent filler

+3

A surgical rhinoplasty can be done after permanent filler.  Your surgeon needs to be aware of the filler and work around it, but it shouldn't increase the risk of a bad outcome.  On occasion, the filler would need to be removed or reduced at the time of surgery, but filler in the radix is not likely to be an issue.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

+3

After the filler injection to the radix,you are pleased with the result  and the rest of the nose is "perfect" so my question why do you want a rhinoplasty.?BTW the Artesense is a permanent filler.

Erel Laufer, MD

Surgical rhinoplasty after successful non-surgical rhinoplasty

+3

Hi,

Non-Surgical rhinoplasty for a low radix is appropriate use of this procedure.  In some cases, fillers may persist and alter the surgical field and skin permanently, or for long term.  Persistent filler in these situations, is often difficult to remove, and can cause some increased difficulty with exposure of the nasal skeletal structures during rhinoplasty.  If you have a skilled surgeon, however, he/she should be able to handle this type of situation.

In your case in particular, I would suggest that you maintain what you have achieved with Artefill by continuing to use Artefill in the future.  To expand on this, if you are happy with the result of your non-surgical rhinoplasty and the remainder of the nose is "perfect", then I would suggest you maintain the results you have by adding small amounts of the same filler if the volume ever decreases.  Although we don't have any scientific evidence of how long Artefill may last in the nose, there is possibility of having results that you are happy with for over 8 years!  

Continue to enjoy your results until then...!

Behrooz Torkian, MD

Rhinoplasty after Aretfil nasal injections

+3

You should be able to have a Rhinoplasty after Artefil, as the tissue dissection over the nasal skeleton should be within the same tissue plane that the filler was injected.  The Artefil would be suctioned out along with the typical bleeding during the Rhinoplasty.  However, if you've already paid for the Artefil and you're happy...why have a Rhinoplasty?

+3

Rhinoplasty can be done after filler injection but will have to wait several months for the swelling to subside. I would not worry about this at this time since you are happy with result!

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon