Not seeing any results at all from Artefill. Is this normal? (photo)

Am 40 & hate laugh lines. Still small amt of juve from 5 mths ago. 5 days ago had consult at dr's office w/ artefill injector & got 5 syringe kit. 4 syringes done (2 syringes 8cc each on each side along/under cheeks). Can't see difference AT ALL around mouth-all that I wanted fixed. They think final syringe May. This was a unexpected splurge I was not expecting & hope didn't waste ton $! I trust office but confused esp when I was told 1 syringe worthless, 2 little better but 5 would "wow"

Early result, Artefill

+1
It takes time for the Artefill microspheres to become incorporated into your tissues and do their "magic" of stimulating your collagen. Be patient and return to your physician for the remainder of your injections in about 6 to 8 weeks. You are very likely to get a result, but it is never fully predictable how much volume of correction you will achieve. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

No results from Artefill

+1
Artefill works by stimulating your own tissue to build up and fill in the treated areas.  The results from this stimulation may take 1-2 months to see.  In my experience, it is unusual that just one treatment session would achieve the desired result.  Normally, several sessions, spaced 1-2 months apart, are needed.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon