Is Artefill Safe for Marionette Lines and Nasal Labial Area?

Artefill for Marionette Lines and Nasolabial Folds

+1
Artefill is FDA approved for the nasolabial fold area of the face but works very well for the marionette area as well.  In fact, the marionette area is where a lot of my patients have treated and they are very happy.  The video gives an example of the results that can be achieved with this filler.

Best regards,

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. yes, it's safe on those areas.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Artefill injection sites

+1

Artefill is still only FDA approved for the nasolabial and melolabial folds and is an excellent choice for smoothing those lines over a period of 5 years or more.  It can be used off label for other lines on the face but your doctor should inform you this is being done.  A favorite other area I use the product is the 'sleep lines on the cheek'.  It should not be used to augment a chin or used in the lips or around the eyes.  Remember, this is not a filler, it is a long term collagen stimulator and it cannot be removed once injected.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill for nasolabial and marionette lines

+1

Thanks for your question.  I highly recommend the use of Artefill to the nasolabial and marionette lines.  Expect a semi-permanent correction of up to 5-7 years.  Factors that may affect your results are of course your age, skin condition (such as sun damage) weight, and wether you have heavy howling and malar descent ( then you may consider a face and neck lift).  I have used Artefill since 2006 and have treated hundreds of patients and like the results and product efficacy.  Good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Artefill is safe for marionette lines and nasolabial folds

+1
Artefill is a FDA approved filler that is safe for the nasolabial folds and marionette lines.  It is best injected over a series of sessions.  A skin test is required one month prior to injecting the face.  I would suggest a temporary filler prior to Artefill placement, to make sure you like the appearance of an injectable filler in these folds.

Anurag Agarwal, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill for marionette lines and nasolabial area

+1

Without a picture, it's difficult to know if you are a good candidate for Artefill treatment to the marionette lines and/or nasolabial area, but in general, Artefill can be used to treat those areas.  If the treatment is done correctly, there should be no safety concern.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon