Artefill to Plump Lips and Help with Vertical Lines in Dallas

I have been using Juvederm for a few years now with average results. It lasts two months...so I am looking for a better solution. Does Artefill work in the lips? How long does it last? Can it have a bad reaction in some because it isn't natural? I would like Dallas Dr. referrals too. Thanks!

Artefill should not be used in the lips

+2

Artefill has been a difficult product to use due to its late tendency to cause granulomas and lips. Even its adherents, and they are out there, would caution you strongly NOT to have such injections into the lips. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Avoid Artefill

+2

Artefill is associated with long term problems you do not want to have.  Granulomas and possible chronic lumps, bumps and infections that can be extremely difficult to manage.  Stick with the temporary fillers like Juvederm as they can basically do no harm.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Artefill not for lips

+1

Artefill works well for nasolabial folds and marrionette lins ,however injecection of Artefill in the lips may cause lumps and granulomas and frankly you are asking for longterm problems

It is best to use Hyaluronic acid based fillers in the lips such as Juvederm , Restylane or Prevelle

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill is great for nasolabial grooves but don't get it in the lips.

+1

Artefill is a great filler but only into acne scars, plumping cheeks or nasolabial areas. It is not good in the lips. Lip implants look and feel so natural now that they are very good for $1500-2000 per lip and are easy to put in and easy to remove.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.