Artefill for Nasolabial Folds

is artefill good for permanent nasolabial line filling or not?

Artefill for nasolabial lines.

Artefill is a great choice for the nasolabial lines.  It is long lasting, effective, but is not reversible.  Injection technique is very important.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill is one of the BEST treatments for nasolabial folds

If you like the results of fillers in your nasolabial folds then Artefill could be a good choice for you. But make sure you go to an experienced injector with an artistic hand who has a lot of experience with fillers such as Artefill. Try out this injector with a temporary filler first to make sure you like her or his technique. Since Artefill is so long lasting you want to make sure you have both a safe AND artistically placed treatment.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill is excellent for nasolabial folds.

Artefill is not Bio-alcamid, so I'm not sure what the analogy is in my colleague's comments. Indeed, Artefill and any long-lasting or permanent filler can have problems. The most serious of these problems is that of granuloma formation which can occur in a delayed fashion even years later.

That risk, however, needs to be placed in context: it's about 1 in 800 patients. How many surgical patients experience complications that require additional cutting (i.e., surgery)? For almost every procedure, that number is higher than 1 in 800. For rhinoplasty, for example, adverse outcomes can occur years later and revision rhinoplasties are as common as 1 in 20 patients or higher. And yet, my colleagues and I still perform rhinoplasty.

Let me put it simply: my wife and my mother both have Artefill in their nasolabial folds. Both were injected by me and they are the two most important adult women in my life. They and I would not have selected it as a treatment for them if we didn't think that the risk:reward ratio was acceptable.

If a patient (or a doctor) is looking for perfectly safe, they shouldn't be in the realm of cosmetic surgery.

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill does great in nasolabial folds

Artefill does a very nice job of filling in the Nasolabial grooves and should last roughly 4-5 yrs before you need to redo it. Artefill is a much better product than it's predecessor Artecoll. You should be skin tested to the product first and then have it injected in 2-3 sessions. Each syringe runs about $1250 and you will need 2-3 syringes for the average good correction. Hope that helps.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill or Bellafill for Nasolabial Folds

Artefill or Bellafill may one of the best choices for nasolabial folds. Artefill was originally FDA approved for use in the nasolabial folds. Artefill has been rebranded as Bellafill and it is now also approved for acne scar correction. It is a product that actually stimulates collagen production and is really a tissue volumizer like fat transfers except that it is 100% predictable unlike fat.

I have seen patients, who 8 years after their injection with Artefill or Bellafill, are still very happy with their result and have come back to some more added in new areas that are starting to age such as under their eyes, their marionette lines, and their lips.

As long as you chose an experienced physician as your injector, I think you will be really pleased with your results.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Artefill for Nasolabial Folds

Artefill is a good option for nasolabial folds on the correct patient.  Patient selection is key, and the procedure should only be performed by an expert and experienced injector.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Be wary of "permanent" fillers

"Permanent" is not always better when it comes to having fillers put in your face. Bio-Alcamid”, a permanent" facial filler used outside of the US was reported initially to very safe without any complications. Last week there were reports of late complications. I have practiced for 22 years, and it is an all too common story. Severe granulomas occurred 3-5 years after the previous product, Artecoll, had been injected in many patients. The majority of patients are fine, but I would not recommend a product across the board on a site like this just because it is permanent.

Be very wary of any product that promises to be permanent and safe, sometimes reactions do not rear their ugly head until many years down the line. Much good luck and keep us informed.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing silicone and Artefill from the body and face

Artefill is not the most common filler of choice for the nasolabial folds. I have removed permanent fillers from the face and do not recommend there use in most cases.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS