Is Artefill a Good Filler Substitute for Nasolabial and Marionette Lines?

I'm a 45 yr old female. I have had Radiesse, Restylane, and Juvederm Ultra Plus over the last two years with only slight improvement, lasting approx 2-3 months. Would Artefill be a better choice for me since I can't afford the amount of filler I obviously need on a regular two month basis.

Thanks,
Carol

Artefill is a great filler to erase the deep nasolabial fold and is extremely long lasting

+3

Artefill is a great treatment for correcting the deep nasolabial folds and is extremely long lasting. In fact my nurse practitioner injected my nasolabial folds over three years ago and there has been no recurrence of my deep folds. I actually was injected to be her Guinea Pig but I am pleased with the results and they are long lasting. The only negative aspect of Artefill is that it is expensive and it takes quite a bit of volume to make complete corrections. But you compare this to being re injected over and over again with other less expensive and not as effective products, you are way ahead with Artefill. 

Artefill for wrinkles

+1

Artefill is a long lasting ("permanent") filler that typically lasts 5-7 years, and in your scenario would be a very reasonable option, especially if you are breaking down the juvederm so quickly. You may also consider Perlane or Radiesse for longer lasting results.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill works great for most nasolabial and marionette lines

+1

Since ArteFill lasts at least 5 years it is an ideal filler for a person who does not want to continue having fillers injected 2 or more times a year. How well it improves your lines will depend on the technique of the physician treating you and also how deep your lines are. If you only achieved slight improvement in the past and were returning for treatments every two months, you were probably not receiving enough product when you had your treatments; either that or the products were being injected too deeply in the skin and may not have lasted the appropriate amount of time that they should.

Juvederm and Restylane, when good correction is achieved, should last 6-12 months and Radiesse 9-18 months, although many patients like to have smaller touch-ups in between to maintain the best-looking results.

ArteFill should only require 2-3 treatments to initially achieve good correction and then you should be looking good until your face develops more volume loss or new wrinkles with aging. You will then need to add some ArteFill to correct the newer/deeper lines that have formed.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.