What is Your Opinion on Artefill for Marionette Lines ?

For Marionette Lines, Radiesse or Sculptra over Artefill

Currently, the company which was distributing Artefill is bankrupt. It might come back with another company. I would be concerned about a permanent filler. The research presented to the FDA for approval was actually not the exact same product as what is in Artefill. Better choices are Radiesse and Sculptra. I agree with Dr Pearson that often results are not spectacular in this area, particularly in deep lines.

2050 W County Highway 30A
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Artefill is excellent for nasolabial folds and marionette lines

Artefill is usually injected in 2-3 sessions and it is a good alternative for filler use in the marionette and nasolabial folds

The improvement generally last 3-5 years

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

16100 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618

Artefill for facial folds.

In short: Artefill is a great filler for facial folds. I've treated both my wife's and mother's nasolabial folds (from the nose to the mouth), for example, with Artefill. I wouldn't have chosen it for the two most important adult women in my life if I didn't like it.

However, the marionette lines from the corner of the mouth to the chin don't always fill as readily...regardless of the filler (Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Artefill). Sometimes such folds really require a lift, such as a facelift, rather than an injectable filler. Someone who performs both lifts and fillers would be able to advise you, I would think. OTOH, if you'd really rather only try a filler there would be likely little harm in trying it. Just temper your enthusiasm in this area of the face.

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

1835 East West Parkway
Fleming Island, FL 32003

Artefill is great for nasolabial and marionette grooves

Artefill is usually done in 2 sessions about 3 months apart for about $1200 per syringe after you are skin tested to be sure you have no allergies to the collagen it is mixed with. It is great for nasolabial and marionette areas. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069

ArteFill is a great treatment for Marionette lines

ArteFill is a great choice for filling marionette lines, as well as naso-labial folds, the corners of the mouth and several other areas. The nice thing about ArteFill is that it lasts longer (5 years plus) than all other FDA-approved fillers. Of course, how well it works and how good it looks depends on the technique and artistry of the doctor injecting you. When having any cosmetic treatment done, but especially something that lasts as long as ArteFill does, choose whom you go to carefully.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

30201 Golden Lantern
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677