Can Artefill Be Injected over Silicon on the Nasolabial Folds?

+1

Thank you for your question. There's no direct chemical interaction between the Artefill and silicon.  I would let your injector know that you have silicon in the area.  I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Artefill injected over silicon

+1

Presuming you've never had any problem with your silicon, then Artefill would be fine to inject overtop.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill use over Silicone

+1

This is a good question and in my opinion, I would not inject Artefill over an area treated with Silicone.  My concern would be that since they are both permanent products, there could potentially be some over stimulation of the tissue due to both of them.  I admit that I have not tried using this technique of Artefill on top of Silicone, and there may be some other doctors that have experience with it that may give you different advice.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon