Can ArteFill Be Injected over Juvederm in NL Folds?

If a person has Juvederm in their NL folds and wants to supplement with ArteFill also, can the two be injected within a couple of months apart? I have received 1 injection of Juvederm in my NL folds and in two months would like to go back and get an injection of ArteFill in the same area. My Doc said this is OK. Would like to here other comments on this.

Combining Juvederm and Artefill

+1

Yes, you can combine treatments.  In the event that you do not go back to the same injector, ensure that the new injector know when and what was used.

Can Artefill be injected in an area that already has Juvederm

+1

There is no problem combining these two fillers. You should be reasonably comfortable that this will work out just fine. I have done this myself and not had any problems. Best of luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Yes, Artefill generally safe to inject over Juvederm

+1

Dear Lori B-

Assuming that you need a little more filler, then Artefill injected over Juvederm should be fine.  It is generally safe to give over and alongside a HA/ hyaluronic acid filler, which Juvederm is.

Of course, always discuss this with your doctor and be evaluated and treated through a formal consultation.

Best Wishes,

Roy Kim, MD

Roy Kim, MD

Yes it can

+1

Artefill can be injected under the Juvederm. It should be injected in aprogressive manner the firsat treatment initially after the collagen test has been done and the second treatment 3 to 6 months later, with understanding it may require 2 treatments.

Sassan Alavi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill and juvederm can be injected in the same areas.

+1

Artefill goes deeper in the skin than juvederm so the layering affect is beneficial in the nasolabial areas.  Artefill lasts roughly 4-5 yrs at a cost of roughly $1000 per syringe and usually needs 2-3 syringes in the NL areas.  Juvederm is roughly $550 per syringe and lasts 6-9 months. Artefill is always put in in 2 sessions about 3 months apart.   Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Can ArteFill Be Injected over Juvederm in NL Folds?  yes, it can be but be certain you understand the consequences of using a permanent filler that will never go away.

Artefill over Juvederm

+1

I do not believe that there would be any type of cross reaction, but after the Juvederm reabsorbed, the results from the Artefill may be different than expected.  This could potentially cause some irregularity that would need to be addressed.  If possible, I would wait until most or all of the Juvederm has been reabsorbed.  See you plastic surgeon for specific advice.  Good luck. 

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Artefill over Juvederm

+1

I would issue the concern that adding a filler on top of another (such as Artefill on top of Juvederm) could post some challenges later, as the Juvederm dissipates. When injected on top of a shorter duration filler (like Juvederm or Restylane), the Artefill can sink a bit as the Juvederm disappears. This can result in a hollowed effect, rather than the filling effect you are looking for. Although I do not inject Artefill, I wouldn't suggest putting it over another filler like Juvederm.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Artefill on top of another filler

+1

Artefill is a long term filler that can be added on top of or below another filler such as Juvederm. The only issue is that unlike Juvederm, if you're unhappy with it, there is no antidote such as hyaluronidase which is great at dissolving hyaluronic acid fillers such as juvederm & restylane. Thus, if for whatever reason you were unhappy with the artesense (e.g. too much injected, or a nodule developed), you'd have a problem lasting you a few years.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Sounds fine to me

+1

If you've already had Juvederm and like the results, then putting ArteFill in should provide satisfaction as well, only it will last a lot longer!  As the Juvederm dissipates, the ArteFill will be filling in, so you should see a consistent result over the next 6 months.  Just make sure you're not allergic to the ArteFill - have a skin test at least 2 weeks before using the ArteFill.

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon