Can Artefill Improve over Time?

I saw my doctor today. I had an injection of Artefill in the Radix of the nose. It has been 4 months now. I wanted to get another injection to fill it a little bit more, like 2 mi limiters or 1, that's all it needs. She told me to wait another 4 months to make sure I wont be wasting money for nothing since I won't need a full syringe of Artefill, and to let the Artefill settle in a bit more. My question is can Artefill improve past the 4 months ?

Will Artefill Improve with Time?

This is a question we get fairly regularly from people who are at about 3 to 4 months after their Artefill injection. Artefill is initially compose of mostly collagen. In the first 3 to 4 months this material is absorbed by your body. The plastic beads or polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) that makes up about 13% of each syringe is a bio stimulant that makes you create your own tissue to replace the collagen that you lose. In studies, there is a little dip in the results at around 3 to 4 months in term of the results or the volume. It comes back completely at about 6 months.

Therefore, it is wise to wait until you are at the 6 month point.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon