Can Artefill Improve over Time?

I saw my doctor today. I had an injection of Artefill in the Radix of the nose. It has been 4 months now. I wanted to get another injection to fill it a little bit more, like 2 mi limiters or 1, that's all it needs. She told me to wait another 4 months to make sure I wont be wasting money for nothing since I won't need a full syringe of Artefill, and to let the Artefill settle in a bit more. My question is can Artefill improve past the 4 months ?

Beverly Hills Artefill Treatment - Permanent Filler

+1

Thanks for the question.

I would tend to agree with my colleagues.  Artefill is categorized as a permanent filler, hence judicious use is recommended.  You will continue to see changes with the product over several months as mild-to-modest neocollagenesis or new collagen formation ensues due to the introduction of the PMMA microspheres ( the active ingredient in Artefill ).  In areas such as the radix of the nose where skin and soft-tissue coverage is thinner,  there is very little margin for error, hence it is a good idea to let the area settle and reach a stable state before introducing more Artefill.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/artefill.php

Artefill improving over time

+1

Yes, it is best to give your ArteFill more time, unless it is certain you need more augmentation.  The results seem to improve over a year.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can Artefill Improve over time?

+1

Artefill is a permanent filler.

It is important not to reinject too soon, especially in a small area such as the radix of your nose.

I would wait at least 6 months before reinjecting.

Chicago Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.