Can ArteFill Cause Immune System Problems?

After being free of migraine headaches for nearly 15 years, my headaches returned at about the same time I had one ArteFill treatment. This was over 3 years ago, however.

Secondly, while I have had no lumps or bumps with ArteFill yet, I am concerned about the negative aspects of the filler that I am now reading about.

Do you recommend that people proactively have the filler removed even if they aren't having any problems yet? Thank you for your reply.

Leave the Artefill alone.

+1

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with headaches, but there's no known link between headaches and Artefill injections.

As for removal of it in the absence of problems, I wouldn't recommned that for my patients. As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon