ArteFill for Deep Glabellar Lines?

Can ArteFill be used between brows or forehead to remedy deep "11" lines?

I do not recommend Artefill in this area

+1

Artefill is a permanent filler that did receive FDA approveal for nasolabial fold a few years ago. The company, however, went bankrupt last year,so there is no recourse if you have a complication. In addition, Artefill could have a disasterous complication in this area. Deep dermal injections of filler ARE NEVER recommended in this area because of the circulation and the real risk of occluding a blood vessel and the result is skin necrosis and scar.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Artes Medical Bankrupt

+1

Greetings Lisa,

I would avoid any augmentation with Artefill. Last November, the company that makes Artefill, Artes Medical, filed for liquidation bankruptcy - meaning they are no longer in business. Anyone who is providing artefill has supply remaining that was purchased before the company went bankrupt.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.