Can Artefill Be Used for Temples? Is This Product Risky for This Area?

Can Artefill be used for temples? Is this product risky for this area? I have no fat left in my temples. I also have Fibromyalgia and Psoriasis.

Artefill for temples

+2

One of the areas to use artefill is in the temples.  The key to this and any other filler is to know the depth of injection, and how to layer it out well.  This is a great place for its use.  If you have lost some of your own tissue, it isn't likely to come back, so a more permanent filler could be helpful. 

I am not sure if anyone would say that it is not a problem to use with fibromyalgia as there are many unknowns with what causes this process.  I don't think it is at all a problem for the psoriasis however.

Artefill used for Temple Wasting

+1

Before using Artefill make sure that you like the look of a temporary filler. Virtually any filler can be used in this area. I personally like Radiesse, but have used Hyaluronic Acid Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm etc.) and Sculptra. With your immune system issues you might want to err on the side of  conservatism and avoid all permanent fillers in the event you have a reaction to the product. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Artefill in the temples

+1

The injections in the temple require very thin material as the chances of developing lumps is high because the skin is so thin. For that reason I would not use Artefill there. I use Sculptra there.

Julio Garcia, MD

Artefill also known as artecoll use in temples

+1

Wasting of the temples is a common phenomenon and seen in the aging process.  Fillers can significantly improve temple atrophy.  The commonest filler that I use in this area is perlane or restylane which lasts up to a year.  Artefill is a permanent injectable product composed of microsphere plastic particles and collagen.  It has been used for over a decade for facial soft tissue augmentation.  It has risks of lumps or granulomas which are reported in the medical literature.  In my opinion it is relatively safe for use in the temple as long as deep injections are carried out .   I dont  know of any contraindication with its use in patients with psoriasis or fibromyalgia.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon