Will Artefill Ever Go Away?

It has been 2 1/2 years since my chin was overfilled. The area is still raised. When I look in the mirror my chin looks uneven making other areas sunken in. I keep hoping that one day it will flatten out. Is this at all possible, or am I doomed for the rest of my life. I tried steroids, which left indents -- which did fill back in, but the lump/overfill still looks exactly the same as when it first happened. Some people say that it only last 5 years. Could this be possible? I am so depressed over this!

Artefill longevity

+1

Artefill is a permanent filler, so unfortunately, I do not believe that your over-filled area will go away.  Since you have already tried the steroids, I agree that the only other option is to have some of the tissue removed surgically.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill lumps

+1

Artefill contains collagen and very small sized particles which are basically pastic. plastic is an inert material and its difficult for the body to dissolve it. if injection steroids did not hep you then the best option would be to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to see if that can be surgically removed. I have done a few such procedures where a permanent filler had left lumps and that had to be removed surgically from the lips and the cheek areas. lips heal a little bit better than the rest of the face does but overall the face heals much better than the rest of the body does. so its worth a try to seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area. best of luck!