If Artefill and Other Fillers Havent Solved my Problem, Am I Too Young for a Facial Lift Procedure? A Mini Lift? (photo)

I am 34 years old. Last week I had 6 syringes of artefill injected into my face. I am still not pleased with my sagging cheeks and nasolabia lines. By viewing my photo, could you tell me what would be the best thing I could do to fix these problems? I thought the fillers would work, but after the swelling went down, my face looks like it still needs help. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question... I am desperate to fix this problem!

Micro liposuction of the lower cheeks works well. You do not need a facelift.

+2

Hi.

You have an attractive face and you do not need a facelift.  Your cheek bones are a little flat and this can be corrected with fat injections or with Radiesse injected deeply (avoid cheek implants).

Your main problem is fullness of the lower cheeks, more on the left.  I don't know how much of this is swelling. But microliposuction of this area is safe and easy, and should make you look a lot better.

Facelifts vs fillers for young patients

+2

Young patients sometimes benefit from facial surgery to change features they are unhapy with. it is not all about aging. just as a person at any age can be unhappy with their nose, a person con be unhappy with their heavy cheeks, thick folds. heavy neck, sagging brow that are sometimes family traits you have invested a lot of money in fillers but may get a more satisfying longer lasting result with some modified surgeries to meet your needs

Lateral Brow Lift or Fat Transfer can restore volume to the cheekbone area

+2

Not all facial cosmetic surgery is chosen to look younger.  Often a procedure is chosen to look a little better.  Your concern is primarily with your mid face.  There are safe choices you could make to have more of your facial volume in the upper cheek, rather than the lower cheek.  It would be important to meet with you and examine you in person to see what might work in your circumstances, but some ideas include a lateral brow lift to get your cheek fat pad up onto your cheekbone and possibly some fat transfer or liposculpture to add volume over the cheekbone.  You do not need a full facelift, but there could be a variety of possibilities to achieve what you want. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

If Artefill and Other Fillers Havent Solved my Problem, Am I Too Young for a Facial Lift Procedure? A Mini Lift?

+2

Aesthetically speaking your face is elongated with flat cheeks and excess fatty tissues over the lower face.  In this scenario, IMHO, the following things would be required to make your face more naturally attractive.

1. Cheek Implants of the proper size and shape to fill out the cheeks.
  2. Removal via micro-liposuction of the excess fat, and any artecol within, over the nasolabial folds and lower face.

These alone, unless you are close to 40 years old, would be done first.  The face would take 3-4 months to shrink down around the smaller, more shapely face.  Be sure that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  

Too Young for a Facelift?

+2

This question comes up periodically because I do perform fast-recovery facelifts on relatively young people. Most important is your anatomy and aging pattern, not your age. We all age differently and begin the process from a different starting line. From your photograph, it is difficult to judge whether a facelift would help you; for this I would like to examine the laxity in your lower face. Your cheeks would benefit from augmentation: using injectable fillers, cheek implants or your own fat (facial fat grafting). You should consult a facial surgery specialist and seek further advice.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefil or facelift

+2

No one can give you an opinion so soon after so many injections. You are too swollen.

Here's what to do:

• No more Artefil. It is collagen in polymethylmethacrylate, a cement-like glue. It does not absorb and will make any future surgery much more difficult.
  • In six weeks, consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Results of face lifts in young people are better and longer lasting then in older people so if you have a problem surgery can fix, being young is not a problem. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Facelift

+1

I would wait for all your swelling to settle but facial liposcution combined with a  buccal fat pad harvest may help you

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Facelift at 34

+1

The facelift will not address your concerns to any reasonable degree and will create scars.  I would not recommend facelift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

34 is too young for a facelift.

+1

From your picture I think you may be too hard on yourself.  Facelifts reposition anatomic units that have descended and eliminate excess skin.  Neither of these situations exists as nearly as I can tell from the photos.  I would sit with a plastic surgeon and do some video imaging to figure out what it is that you want to look like.  A word of caution--sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone.