ArteFill After Radiesse?

I had radiesse injected into my nasolabial folds in December. Is it safe to have ArteFill now, since I do not see the results I wanted from the Radiesse?

Artefill can be injected in areas of other fillers.

+1
Artefill runs about $1000 per syringe and is a permanent filler that typically lasts 4-5 yrs in a deep groove such as the nasolabial areas. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill may be placed after Radiesse

+1

Yes Artefill may be placed after Radiesse has been used.  There is not an interaction or reaction problem because of having 2 different materials placed.  We have several patients who used Radiesse first and then transition to Artefill for longer results.

In general I do find that placing either Radiesse or Artefill in the cheek area does a better job at contouring the face and improving nasolabial folds than just placing the filler directly in the folds.

I am very pleased on the results I have achieved with my patients using dermafillers for the cheek area, for example click the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill + Radiesse

+1

Since you only recently had injections of Radiesse into your nasolabial folds, it is very unlikely that the radiesse that was injected has been resorbed/absorbed so soon. My suspicion is that the volume loss of your nasolabial folds was under-corrected with an insufficient volume of Radiesse filler.

Artefill, as you know, is essentially an FDA-approved, permanent filler. It is no longer widely available, as the manufacturer went bankrupt Nov. 2008 due to a poor economy. I generally do not recommend permanent fillers because of the possibility of long-term complications.

Getting back to your question though, if you were my patient, I would consider adding more Radiesse if you are under-corrected, until you obtain the filler volume you are seeking.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Yes

+1

i see no reason why you cannot inject artefill after doing Radiesse. the company that make artefill has gone bankrupt. however the product is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds. the company went bankrupt for financial reasons and NOT because the product is not safe or does not work. I have used Artefill with good results. you do need a skin test one month before. david berman md plastic surgeon northern VA.

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon