Can Artefil Be Used for Cheek Enhancement?

Artefill for Cheeks?

+1

Thank you for your question. Artefill may be used for various areas. It works best for moderate to severe lines and wrinkles. It may be used for other areas such as the cheeks, but it may require many more syringes to effectively treat. Be sure to be treated by a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for the best results and treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

ArteFill can be used for cheek enhancement

+1

ArteFill, the only FDA cleared permanent facial injectable filler, can be used for cheek augmentation in an off label fashion. The product if FDA cleared for correction of nasolabial folds, but as most of the other fillers, it is used in an off label way for correction of volume depletion of all areas of the face. The permanent nature of this particular product highlights the importance of having a well trained physician administer it.

Z. Paul Lorenc, MD

Artefill for Cheek Augmentation

+1

Artefill is composed of a medical grade plastic fashioned into microscopic beads which are suspended in a gel of collagen. When injected, the collagen is gradually reabsorbed and the beads remain - usually being surrounded by collagen the body itself makes. The volume the plastic creates is considered permanent for practical purposes. It is relatively expensive, but for those seeking long term correction the cost can even out over time compared to more temporary fillers. Since this filler is 'permanent', adverse reactions ( which are uncommon) can be difficult to treat. The skin needs to be well cleaned and injection needs to be relatively deep to avoid palpable bumps. My recommendation is to make sure you are happy with treatment utilizing a temporary filler before considering a filler like Artefill. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Artefill Cheek enhancement

+1

Cheek enhancement with Artefill has been shown to be safe and effective. Ususally  two or more treatment sessions are required for long term results.

Since it is an off label use please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making any treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Artefill can be used for cheek enhancement.

+1

Dear esteen

Artefill can certainly be used for cheek augmentation and sculpting.  In most patients, I'd like to do use a nonpermanent option first and if the desired effect can be achieved, this will be replaced with Artefill injections in the future. As you may know, Artefill injections need to have a testing performed prior to the injection to make sure you're not allergic. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Artefill for cheek enhancement

+1

Artefill can be used to augment the cheeks.  The normal options for cheek augmentation would be either implants, or some sort of injectable filler, such as Artefill.  If more augmentation is needed, then implants would work the best.  If only subtle enhancement is needed, then injectable fillers may work well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill for Cheek Augmentation

+1

Artefill is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds but it can be used almost anywhere in the face and it is a terrific solution for weak or sagging cheeks. 

All the Best

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon