Can Artecoll Be Removed from Upper Lip Area? I Have Two Lumps That I Have Had for 13 Years. I Was a Test Subject for FDA.

Post Artecoll Lumps

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, granuloma or lumps can occur after 6 months to 2 years of injection. Until now, there's still no available treatment for granuloma secondary to artecoll. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to consider extraction or excision of the granulomas. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Re: Artecoll

+1

The best way to remove lumps from Artecoll is to excise them.  This should be a simple in office procedure.  There are some drugs that can be injected into the lumps and that have been used in the past but they are very unpredictable in their results.  

Best 

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Artecoll lumps from upper lip

+1

The only method that I know of to remove Artecoll lumps from the lip would be to surgically remove them.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon