Around How Much Would Narrowing the Nostrils and a Slight Tip Refinement Cost (If Possible, Under Local with Sedation)?

Could this be done under local with sedation? I have had rhinoplasty once before, and although I am content with the new shape of my nose, I still think it is a bit too wide. I only want a very slight narrowing of the tip and to slightly narrow the nostril width. I don't want to go back to my original PS because I think I can find another PS who does more ethnic rhinoplasties and has more experience in narrowing nostrils (& he's not offering much of a discount in surgeon fee anyways.)

Revision Rhinoplasty under local anesthesia

+1
  It is possible to do limited revision rhinoplasty under local anesthesia with sedation.  The most important factor is to properly assess whether your request for further refinement can be done with minor modification. As you have learned by now, not every plastic surgeon is well qualified to perform rhinoplasty, especially in an ethnic patient.  In my practice, nasal base reduction and minor tip refinement could be done under local anesthesia with sedation.  The total cost would be approximately $3500 to $4500.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Even surgeons with limited experience with ethnic rhinoplasties should be able to do an alar base reduction without much difficulty. The procedure can be done under straight local. Without photos or a face to face examination or knowing how long ago you had the initial surgery it is impossible to say if your request is even reasonable. I suspect it is not and that is why your original surgeon quoted you a higher price.

Repeated visits to mutliple surgeons for small touch ups doing a little bit here and there can leave you with a Michael Jackson type of nose. Sometimes it is safer to be happy with 90% of what you wanted than to try and get the full 100% only to end up with problems that are not fixable.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Nostril narrowing

+1

Narrowing the nostrils is a very popular request in my office particularly because patients don't like the flaring that occurs with smiling. This can usually be done in office under local anesthesia with you awake. Narrowing the tip can also be done but this is harder to comment on without evaluating your nose. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek. Computer imaging will also help you visualize and communicate with your surgeon. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Cost of tip and alar narrowing.

+1

Weir nostril reduction incisions vary depending on how much needs to be done after seeing your nose. It can be done under local anesthesia with sedation. Choose a very experienced surgeon and do not shop price-shop quality. 

Cost and skill

+1

Be careful of choosing a surgeon by cost alone. That being said, it is best to be conservative with narrowing the nostrils. Narrowing the tip may rotate and increase the height of your tip so that you may not need a narrowing procedure for your nostrils. Talk to several surgeons who have experience with ethnic noses to get a good idea of how much this may cost and what they recommend. Even though you are asking for some slight changes it is considered another procedure and would cost $4000 to $7000 in surgeon's fees.

In regards to whether this can be done under local anesthesia, narrowing of the nostrils by themselves can done under local, but performing both may add additional time that may make it uncomfortable to lay flat for the time that is needed to perform it delicately. It can certainly be done if you are willing to be patient.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

+1

Assuming that additional tip narrowing is possible and alar base reduction would give an improvement without breathing compromise, the cost may be $4000 to $7000.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA