Ask a doctor

Do u use it around mouth to fill smokers lines or is it juvederm?

Doctor Answers 5

Do u use #Radiesse around mouth to fill smokers lines or is it #Juvederm?

I would generally recommend one of the HA fillers, such as Juvederm, Belotero or Restylane, for finer lines.  I reserve Radiesse for deeper areas, such as the cheekbones and nasolabial lines, where it is one of my preferred injectable fillers.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

122 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065

Smoker Lines Treatment

Radiesse is a calcium based filler that acts as a scaffold under the skin providing structure and collagen stimulation. It is best used for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. I generally inject this filler in the cheeks, marionette lines, smile lines and pre jowl area. For the “smokers lines” above the lip I prefer to inject a hyaluronic acid based filler. Currently I find that Belotero works best for these lines. Belotero is specifically designed to integrate into your skin and mold to your facial contours giving you immediate smooth and natural results that can last up to 9 months. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this filler will work for your concerns.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

16100 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618

Filler for smoker lines

Belotero would be a great filler to inject this particular area without looking "overdone". This particular filler is injected very superficial and the outcome is very natural. 

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

9700 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90232

Filling Smokers' Lines on Lips

If the goal is to fill the lines without augmenting the lips to increase the volume or the  pout I recommend the use of Belotero which can be injected very superficially to fill the lines.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Radiesse for Wrinkles

In my practice, I prefer to use a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm for filling fine lines.  Radiesse is indicated for moderate to severe wrinkles and folds.  I have found that due to its consistency, it is best used for larger areas of volume loss or facial hollowing.  Different physicians may use different methods and prefer different products, but if you are looking to fill in fine lines, I think a hyaluronic acid filler (not Radiesse) will be your best bet.

Best of luck!

Benjamin Stong, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.