Different Arola and Nipple After Breast Lift. What Can I Do To Make Them The Same? (photo)

I had a breast lift with no augmantation 4 weeks ago and I still have some sweeling at the top of my right breast, the thing is I discover after I take off the strips that one arola circle and the other one is oval and so close to the nipple, I have different shape in my nipple one circle and the other one is rectangle the surgen did the arola look different now too. Can this be fixed? Do I need another surgery to fix that? can the rectangle nipple make it the same shape as the circle one??

Nipple shapes and sizes after surgery

+1

No matter what technique , nipples and areole sizes are very differentt to make equal right after surgery ! However after a few weeks or sometimes months  every thing "normalizes" and magical ly stretches and equalizes them .If they are not satisfactory correction of size and shape can be improved under local anesthesia after 3to6 months.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Areola issues

+1

Without an in-person exam, it is hard to tell from your photos whether a revision is right for you.  Give it some more time as well to heal.

Different Arola and Nipple After Breast Lift. What Can I Do To Make Them The Same?

+1

Sorry I do not see ant large appearance differences between your two areolae. Maybe you should wait a total of 3 months for full healing. 

Too soon to tell

+1

Four weeks following breast surgery may be a bit soon to make a judgment on your outcome.  Although your breasts certainly seem to be asymmetric, there may still be room for improvement several months down the line.  Nipple shape alone can be misleading.  Nipples typically look their best immediately after surgery and several months down the line.  Nipple/arreola incisions are made using a template, which makes it difficult to get the shape wrong.  However the skin envelope can be tailored in many ways that can make the appearance of your arreola asymmetric.  I would say to wait at least 6 months before making any conclusions about the appearance of your breasts.

And yes, residual asymmetries of the breast and/or arreola can be revised.

Andre Panossian, MD, FACS
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon