Will Using Arnica 4 Months After Rhinoplasy Help the Swelling?

I underwent nose surgery 4 months ago (to correct a broken nose and remove a bump). I am still fairly swollen. I have recently read that taking arnica for 1-2 weeks prior to, and after, surgery is beneficial and was wondering whether it would help to start a course of arnica 4 months after surgery, or is this too late to start? Ice and cold compresses do not seem to get rid of the swelling - it feels 'spongy' all the way up the side of the nose, particularly at the top of the bridge. Many thanks

Arnica is helpful in reducing bruising after Rhinoplasty if taken 2 days before, and 1 week following your surgery.

+1

I have found the Boiron Arnica product excellent when used as described. I do not know whether this will be effective at this stage of the game. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try arnica for a week or 2 to see whether you might benefit. Feel free to email a frontal and profile photo, along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Arnica after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although I do recommend arnica for my patients, I feel it will have little  effect on your swelling 4 months after surgery. However, it will do no harm.

Arnica 4 months after rhinoplasty.

+1

I don't think this will do anything, nor will ice, this long after surgery. Patience is the best trteatment.