Would a Mini Arm Tuck Help Me? (photo)

I really wanted lipo on my arms but I have stretch marks even though I was never overweight. The doc said my skin is too soft and won't do it but I want to do something. Is there a non-surgical skin tightening option that would work well, or would a mini arm tuck be better? I am young but i have a few spots where my skin just doesn't hold together. I am a performer and want to be proud of the hard training I do. Also, what is an estimate of costs, if possible. Thank you!

An Arm Lift / Tuck is NOT the Answer here

+2

Regarding: "Would a Mini Arm Tuck Help Me?
I really wanted lipo on my arms but I have stretch marks even though I was never overweight. The doc said my skin is too soft and won't do it but I want to do something. Is there a non-surgical skin tightening option that would work well, or would a mini arm tuck be better? I am young but i have a few spots where my skin just doesn't hold together. I am a performer and want to be proud of the hard training I do. Also, what is an estimate of costs, if possible. Thank you
!"

An Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) is definitely NOT the answer. You have minimal skin sagging and tightening it at the cost of a permanent scar which may turn out to be ugly is a very poor bargain. I would recommend you consider VASER liposuction which would nicely remove any fat excess and may even shrink some of the skin with minimal scarring.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Arm procedures

+1

It is diffiucult to evaluate yoru arms from jsut a photograph. Evaluating the skin quality and the amount of fat is cirtical. The non-invasive skin tightening systems sometimes can help  minor problems.

Liposuction before armlift

+1

Based on your picture, you seem to have very little fatty tissue and reasonable skin tone so starting with liposuction would be a reasonable option. Since you are a performer, minimizing scars may be important for you. If you were to need some skin excised, a mini-armlift that leaves the scar in the armpit may be a good option for you.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Arm Lift

+1

Depending on the skin elasticity, it is determined if liposuction or arm lift will be indicated.

A modified arm lift in your case will not give you a good result. You may want to do the liposuction as a first stage , let the skin contract and then see if you are satisfied. If not then you can have an arm lift. Infact at that time you will have a better result because you have removed the fat, your arms will be slimmer.