Why Are my Under Arms and Bra Area Flabby After Lipo?

I had my lipo surgery six months ago on my flanks. The Doctor took it upon himself to do my under arms and back bra area. The area is now flabby and soft and actually more noticeable with my bra on. I didn't have that problem before the surgery. Is there anything I can do my self to correct this like exercises?

Skin overhanging bra area

+2

Most patients have redundancy of skin in the armpit and prominence of fullness beyond the bra area. Even the thinnest of individuals have this. Back skin is quite thick. Liposuction does not tighten skin, it only removes fat. So it is normal to pinch and notice more skin after the procedure. There is no way to tighten skin without removing it. Exercise can improve overall appearances. Improving muscle definition can sometimes slightly tent up the skin and make it look better in mild cases of skin excess.

Loose skin after liposuction

+2

I doubt loose skin can be helped by exercises. You might benefit from Thermage radiofrequency skin tightening. After Thermage, there is continued tightening for about six months. The improvement may only be subtle and can not be guaranteed. There is no down-time with this procedure and there is no maintenance or wound care.

Loose and flabby skin after arm and upper back liposuction

+1

Perhaps performing exercises to tone your arm muscles and latissimus muscle will provide increased bulk to displace the loose or flabby skin.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Very loose skin can be made worse by liposuction.

+1

Hi.

It's really not possible to tell you what is going on what examining you, but I am afraid what you have now is the final result. Exercise will not help what you are describing. Perhaps some revisional surgery may give you improvement.