Post-op Breast Augmentation - Armpit and Swollen Lymph Nodes and Incision

I am almost two weeks post-op breast augementation. The lymphs are still swollen in my armpits since my surgery. How long does this generally last and is there anything I can do to help these dissolve?

Breast augmenation and swelling

+1

You did not mention which incision appraoch was used for your augmentation. If you had them done through the armpit., it may take a while for that swelling to come down.

Breast augmentation

+1

You are still in the immediate post-op period.  If the pain increases, and/or the nodes do not go away, then please see your plastic surgeon.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Inflammed lymph nodes following breast augmentation with implants

+1

The arm pits oare full of lymph nodes that become larger in response to injury and are indicative of the bodies inflammatory response which varies from one individual to another. Typically the inflammatory period of wound healing is greatest during the first 4 days but healing is very active for 6 weeks.