Under Armour or Male Spanx After Male Tummy Tuck?

I had a extended tummy tuck with liposcution of the flanks 4 weeks ago. My doctor said to wear it for 6 weeks then I can go with male Spanx. My question is, will the Under Armour brand compression top do the same job as the male Spanx compression top?

+1

I would suggest either brand is fine. The brand is not as important as the amount of compression. Your compression garment should be tight, but it should not be so tight that you cannot breathe or lose circulation to your legs. However, your garments should be tight enough that when you try to pinch the garment, it does not come off your body. This means you cannot pinch the garment away from your body. I believe after liposuction, the longer your compression garment is worn, the better your results. Most plastic surgeons believe compression is also very important for your final scar results. Congratulations on your tummy tuck. Sincerely Dr. Katzen

Wearing Compression Garments after 6 Weeks

+1

Wearing compression garments after 6 weeks may not have any real effect.  If the garments fit appropriately, it probably does not matter.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male tummy tuck Los Angeles, CA

Compression garment post tummy tuck

+1

I generally advocate that my tummy tuck patients wear compression garments for 6 weeks after a tummy tuck. After 6 weeks the I do not advocate routine use of a compression garment. 

Sultan Hassan, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Four weeks after male tummy tuck, you don't need compression garments.

+1

Hi.

This is making life unnecessarily complicated.  There is no evidence that compression helps so late in the post operative period

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

Either product will give satisfactory compression and comfort. Best wishes for your continuing recovery.

Yes

+1
Male spanx and under armour are pretty much the same products...just different marketting. If you prefer under armour to male spanx...go for it.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment for After Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes, you can choose any brand compression garment.  Spanx and UnderArmor are both great brands.  The key is to fine a garment that fits snug but not too uncomfortable.  Also, the seams of the garment should not be too thick or they may cause temporary indented lines from extra compression at the area of the seam.  You should also get a garment that extends below the area of surgery and above the area of surgery so that it will cover the entire area that was treated.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Compression garments after body contouring.

+1

I am brand agnostic.  Regardless of your choice, be aware of how your garment fits and try to duplicate it when time is right.  Any doubts, bring to your ps for fitting.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Compression garments for male body contouring procedures

+1

I would stick to your surgeon's recommendations. Peronsally, I prefer the Rainey brand of compression garments for my body contouring patients. They key is to wear the garment as much as possible.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS